March 5, 2020
Dear Rio Hondo Prep Community:
Rio Hondo Prep/Pearl Prep and Kare Youth League are continuing to monitor the latest developments about the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are dedicated to doing everything we can to ensure that our students, families, faculty, and staff remain safe and healthy. At this time, there are no plans for cancellations of classes, practices, games or events.
As a reminder, the most important thing we can all do is practice good hygiene habits, including staying home if you feel sick. The best prevention against any virus is to wash our hands often.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the coronavirus and flu, public health officials encourage everyone to:
- Stay home and away from others if you have a mild illness (with a fever of 100°F or above).
- Stay at home until you are free of fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be sure to get your influenza vaccine to protect yourself from the flu.
We want to assure you that our schools and youth programs continue to focus on creating a welcoming and healthy environment for all children.
Mrs. Leslie Orsburn
For Additional Information —